The Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a strange hospital.

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What a strange hospital. Empty What a strange hospital.

Post by Alecis Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:56 am

Alecis looked around her hospital room. It was really strange all had a bunch of wires all over, something she, even as an Overloridian had never seen before. The girl she had met, Aly, had gone to get her something to drink while she waited in her room. They didn't want her wandering around the weird clio in white coats had said. Whatever, Alecis was going to do whatever she wanted.

Alecis peered into her bag, checking once again to make sure that Rheis was okay. Aly had told her it wasn't a good idea to bring him out while they were in the hospital so even though she didn't understand why, she had left him in there. He had moved a little bit, and Alecis didn't feel any real pain so she knew he was okay.

After she checked on him Alecis stood and walked to the door. It didn't seem like these weird doctors were going to let her go anytime soon, but she knew that she needed to find a way home, and quick. Outside the sun was already going down, night was falling and in a place she didn't know, it was best if it was light outside. Now, how could she escape.

Alecis peered outside her door, looking down the long cold hallway. It seemed like everything in this hospital was white, Leci didn't like it.

Just as she was about to step out of the room, a nurse came up behind her. "Why hello, Alecis, how are you doing?" the nurse asked in a sickiningly cheerful voice.

"I'm great." Alecis muttered as she walked back to her bed.

"Well, your friend should be back in a few minutes, and then I'll come back to check on you and update you on the findings we have found from your xray."

Alecis nodded but didn't pay much attention to what the lady was saying. What she did notice though, was the clipboard she was holding. The name Rowan Eligius was right next to her own name.

So, Rowan and lost himself too! Perfect, maybe he knew the way home! As soon as the nurse left, Alecis walked back over to the door and left, walking to her right. She was going to find Rowan!
Alecis
Alecis

Back to top Go down

What a strange hospital. Empty Re: What a strange hospital.

Post by Cadance Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:02 am

Cady was stuck waiting again. She was sitting in a seat out in the hallway outside Rowan's door. She felt like she should go back in, but if she was hearing talking animals then maybe the alone time would be good for her to gather her thoughts.

Suddenly a red-headed girl who Cady assumed was a patient came walking down the hall, checking the name on each door as if looking for someone.

"Hey, are you lost?" Cady asked her. "I can help you find who you need. I've been here for a few days so I know the hospital pretty well by now!"
Cadance
Cadance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alecis Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:04 pm

"I'm not lost exactly," Alecis replied to the blond clio up ahead, "just looking for--AHAH! Actually, I'm doing perfect, this is the room I was looking for!"

Alecis started walking into the room labeled "Rowan Eligius".
Alecis
Alecis

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadance Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:05 pm

“Oh--wait!” Cady exclaimed as the girl turned to go into Rowan’s room. She was afraid any other visitors would stress Rowan out too much, plus she wasn’t entirely sure that this girl was aware of his current condition. “You can’t! …Uh, only family is allowed in there.”
Cadance
Cadance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alecis Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:12 pm

"But I am family!" Alecis insisted, thinking quickly, "I'm his-his fiancee!" After sputtering the lie Alecis left the girl in the hallway and sped into the room.

"Rowan! Oh thank God!" Alecis cried as she ran to the first familiar face she had seen in days. Grabbing him into a hug Alecis felt the most calm she had in days. Unfortunately, the calm didn't last long.

"Rowan, how do we get home? Where are we? These clio have no dæmons!" Alecis quickly threw all her questions at Rowan before he even had a chance to speak.
Alecis
Alecis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:12 pm

Rowan was jolted awake when some strange girl practically jumped on him and wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug.

The girl, a pretty redhead, then started throwing all sorts of confusing questions at him, none of which he could even begin to answer.

What was he supposed to say to her? He had no idea who she was, but she obviously seemed to know him very well. She had just jumped into beg with him and hugged him, after all. He felt his face grow warm as she didn’t release him from her embrace.

“I’m sorry, but I…I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he said finally. He looked to Cady, who was standing in the doorway, for help.
Rowan
Rowan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadance Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:13 pm

As Cady watched this scene transpire, she couldn’t help but feel sorry for Rowan. The poor guy looked so shocked and confused. She also felt bad for the supposed fiancée, who was going to be in for a nasty surprise.

“Um…Rowan,” she said, trying to keep her voice as gentle as possible. “This is…well, I guess she’s your fiancée.”
Cadance
Cadance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alecis Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:16 pm

Alecis, anticipating answers, had certainly not been expecting this. "What do you mean you don't know what I'm talking about?!" Alecis demanded, pulling herself away from Rowan so she could she his face. Was he joking?

"Rowan, be serious. Where are we? And who the heck is she?" Alecis indicated to the girl that had questioned her earlier by jabbing a thumb over her shoulder. Alecis heard the girl start to answer for Rowan, but ignored her and cut her off. "Rowan, why are you here anyway?"
Alecis
Alecis

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyria Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:27 pm

Alyria had come back to Leci's room with orange juice, just to find it empty. Her stomach dropped-that girl was crazy! It wasn't safe for her to be alone, even in a hospital. She set down the cup and walked back to the hallway. A few doors down there seemed to be a lot of commotion. Something told Aly that Alecis was definately involved.

Running towards the source of the noise Aly hoped nothing too bad was going on. Sliding into the door Aly found what she had been looking for, the red haired Alecis. Oh God, she was harrassing some guy in a bed.

"Alecis!" Aly called, "Get off him!"

Pushing past another girl at the door Aly grabbed Leci's arm, "Come on!"
Alyria
Alyria
Admin

http://theameliaforum.foruamkers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:29 pm

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Fiancée?? Rowan was stunned. He was engaged to a girl he didn’t even recognize! But before he even had a chance to vocally express his shock, his apparent fiancée cut him off.

"Rowan, be serious. Where are we? And who the heck is she? Rowan, why are you here
anyway?"

“I am being serious!” he insisted, feeling totally lost. He looked to Cady for help again, but she just cringed and shrugged. He had to just come right out and tell her, but it was a little (okay, a lot) embarrassing to admit. “Look, I’m here because I guess I got hit by a car or something. I don’t remember. I…”

He trailed off. How do you tell someone who knows you so well that you have no idea who they are? Thankfully, Rowan was saved the trouble of continuing when another girl appeared and scolded the redhead.
Rowan
Rowan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadance Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:32 pm

Now Cady was confused. Who was this other girl? Oh geez, this was
getting complicated. She needed to calm things down, for all their
sakes.

"Okay everyone!" she exclaimed loudly. "Everyone just needs to calm
down, and one at a time quietly introduce ourselves and say what we
need to. I'll go first. I'm Cady, I have no idea what the heck is going
on, or what you two-" she indicated towards this Alecis person and the
newer girl, "are doing here. Next!"

She felt like she was at an AA meeting.
Cadance
Cadance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alecis Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:40 pm

Alecis yanked her arm out of Aly's grasp. "I knew you were aliens!" she cried, "What did you do to Rowan's mind?" Turning to Rowan, she continued, "What the heck is a car?"

That Cady girl was right, this was confusing. But the Cady girl was an alien! She had no dæmon! How could she trust her?

"Rowan, we have to go now, these people are crazy. We need to get home!"
Alecis
Alecis

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyria Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:42 pm

Aliens? Wait, she thought they were the aliens?

"Alecis, calm down, when you fell I think you hit your head a little too hard. Come on, come sit over here." Aly gestured to the bed opposite Rowan's.
Alyria
Alyria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:48 pm

Huh. Well, she didn't know what a car was either. Maybe it wasn't so
weird that Rowan didn't know after all. Then again, she also seemed a
little bit crazy so maybe that wasn't such a comforting thought.

Then she started talking about aliens and crazy people and it all got to be too much. Rowan felt a headache coming on.

"Aliens? What are you talking about?" he asked, distraught. He couldn't take it anymore. "Who are you, anyways?"
Rowan
Rowan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadance Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:50 pm

Cady took some steps back and leaned out into the hallway. "Uh, NURSE?!" she called. This girl must be a patient who escaped from the psych ward. It probably wasn't a good idea to mix a mentally disturbed patient with a brain damaged one.

She looked at the other, saner girl. 'Is she crazy or something?' she mouthed to her.
Cadance
Cadance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alecis Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:55 pm

Whut? Rowan didn't recognize her?

Whirling her head around to look at the one named Cady she started talking very slowly and forcefully. Her eyes narrowed, "What. Is. Wrong. With. Him."

Aliens were so not stealing Rowan. No freaking way.

"It's okay Rowan, we're going home. Now." Alecis got off the bed and grabbed his blankets off him. "Where's Nym? Don't tell me they took her!"

Alecis grabbed Rowan's hand, "It's going to be okay! We'll find a way home and we'll figure out how to make you remember!"
Alecis
Alecis

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyria Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:42 pm

Aly shrugged at Cady's silent question, but then nodded. Alecis must be crazy.

"Okay, Alecis, calm down. Nothing is going to happen. You're at the hospital. Good things happen here, not bad ones!"

Her head turned back to Cady, "Did you say that Alecis is his fiancee?"

At least Alecis had found someone she knew. But it looked like the guy didn't know her. What the heck was going on?
Alyria
Alyria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadance Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:09 pm

"Here I am!" Nym poked her head out from under the hospital bed, where she had been residing this entire time. She had heard her name being called and answered.

"You are really starting to freak me out a little," Rowan told the girl called Alecis. "Do you really know me? What do you mean, 'we'll find a way home'? Do we live together?"

If this Alecis did indeed know him, he had a million and one questions for her.
Cadance
Cadance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:09 pm

"Here I am!" Nym poked her head out from under the hospital bed, where
she had been residing this entire time. She had heard her name being
called and answered.

"You are really starting to freak me out a
little," Rowan told the girl called Alecis. "Do you really know me?
What do you mean, 'we'll find a way home'? Do we live together?"

If this Alecis did indeed know him, he had a million and one questions for her.
Rowan
Rowan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadance Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:12 pm

"Would you just calm d-YAH!" Cady screamed and practically had a heart attack when Rowan's dog appeared and started to talk again. She pointed a shaking finger at it. "Y-you're talking again! I'm sure of it this time! How are you talking, you're a dog, dogs can't talk!!!"

[Now who's the crazy one?]
Cadance
Cadance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alecis Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:17 pm

"Nym isn't a dog, she's a dæmon. And speaking of dæmons, where the heck is yours?" Alecis asked from her spot next to Rowan. "It's perfectly normal for her to talk. If Rheis was awake, I'd have him tell you," Alecis looked down at her bag that contained her own dæmon.

Turning back to Rowan she answered his questions, "Yes, I really know you. And um, yeah. We do live together, didn't Cady tell you I'm your fiancee(jeez, this was going to bite her in the butt later D: )? But we don't live here, we live in Amelia! Listen, do you remember anything from before, Rowan? Anything at all?"
Alecis
Alecis

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyria Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:21 pm

Aly's eyes grew wide when the dog-thing called Nym spoke. Something was definitely going on here.

"Alecis? What's a daymon? Why can that thing talk?"
Alyria
Alyria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:25 pm

"Kind of," Rowan replied, relieved that the conversation was finally going in a direction that made sense (more or less.) "I remember the daemons. I know that Nym is my daemon. And then there's something called...Eilemaiden...?" Yes, but what were they? This was frustrating. "I can remember the words, but I don't know what they are..."
Rowan
Rowan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cadance Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:26 pm

"Psst," Cady whispered to the girl whose name hadn't been spoken aloud yet. She made sure the two weirdos couldn't hear her. "I'm not going crazy, am I? You heard it talk too, right?"

She wasn't sure if she should be relieved or worried upon this revelation.
Cadance
Cadance
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alecis Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:37 pm

"Alright. This'll be more difficult then I had planned, but we can do this. I know we can. Dæmons are our souls, they help us with everything. Have you wondered why you can hear her thoughts? Why she can hear yours? It's because you're connected. She is part of you."

Alecis figured the part about Eilemaiden could wait, it wasn't important right now seeing as they couldn't use them anyway. It would probably just confuse him even more if she told him something he couldn't do.

"We need to get out of here, Rowan. Please come with me. We'll figure this out. Believe it or not, you're pretty good at everything, thinking included. We've just gotta get your memories started and then everything will be okay."
Alecis
Alecis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum