The Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to my humble adobe

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Welcome to my humble adobe - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to my humble adobe

Post by Alecis Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:08 pm

"Oh sorry, I keep forgetting that you don't remember these thing!" Alecis apologized, "Basically an Overloridian is just the leader of the Eilemaiden. There are eight of us, one for each Eilemaiden. Adhbhar, Aite, Cuir, Deilig, Dian, Earalas, Solas, and Ughdarras. Oh, those are probably confusing to you too, huh?"

Alecis was bad at this!
Alecis
Alecis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:09 pm

“Oh no, you’re not confusing me too much,” Rowan assured her. In fact, some of the Eilemaiden she’d listed even sounded vaguely familiar. Adhbhar sounded really familiar for some reason, which was odd because according to Alecis he was of the Dian Eilemaiden. “Do you have any idea why Adhbhar would seem more familiar to me than the others?” Another question suddenly struck him. “And how did we become Overloridians anyways?

"I hope I’m not annoying you with all these questions.”
Rowan
Rowan

Back to top Go down

Post by Alecis Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:12 pm

Charlie. His parents. Crap.

"Well," Alecis started slowly, trying to choose her words carefully, "Before you became an Overloridian you lived in Adhbhar where your parents lived. You see, Overloridians are predestined, we don't choose to be one, we just are. The instant the old Overloridian dies, the new on settles. For some reason fate has always taken care of that, it always works out.

"We don't get to choose our Eilemaiden like everyone else does." Alecis shrugged, "It's just how it is."
Alecis
Alecis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:13 pm

Rowan frowned. “That hardly seems fair,” he said. Every other clio got to choose whatever they wanted, but a select eight of them were stuck with whatever fate threw at them. What if one had wanted to choose a different one than the one they got stuck with? He hoped that hadn’t been the case with him…

“So…who are the other Overloridians? Do we know them?”
Rowan
Rowan

Back to top Go down

Post by Alecis Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:15 pm

"Well, the Adhbhar Overloridian is Charlotte, Aite just changed awhile ago, the new one is Corbet. Cuir is me, Deilig is Juliann, Dian is you of course, Earalas is Henry, Solas is Lior, and Ughdarras is Quinn..." What else could she tell him?

'That you're a filthy liar?' the now awake fox suggested.

Alecis rolled her eyes mentally and then continued, "When clio settle that's the day they choose their Eilemaiden. Normally clio choose to stay with the one they've grown up around, but not always."
Alecis
Alecis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:16 pm

For a moment, Rowan just stayed silent and took in all of the information Leci had given him. He was an Overloridian, leader of practically a whole country. How was he supposed to do that now, assuming that they ever went back?

Going back…What would it feel like going “back” to a place he felt like he’d never been to? He hadn’t thought about that up until now.

“It will be kind of strange to go Amelia,” he said finally. “Getting reacquainted with all those clio…”
Rowan
Rowan

Back to top Go down

Post by Alecis Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:18 pm

Alecis felt bad for him, this poor guy couldn't remember a thing and here she was filling his mind with lies. It was so wrong.

'Very,' Rheis replied quietly.

"I'm sorry Rowan, this sucks, huh? But at least you aren't the only one going through something tough. We're in this together, don't worry. And hey, when we get home you'll probably remember things! It'll all be okay."
Alecis
Alecis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:18 pm

Something about what Leci just said wasn’t right. “Wait, but you said before that I’d have to remember things in order for us to get back,” he replied quickly. “Now you’re saying we have to go back for me to remember things?”

This was bad. What if they were just stuck here forever? What if they never found a way back? What if there was no way back at all? And if that was true, would he ever possibly remember his old life again? A feeling of hopelessness washed over him.
Rowan
Rowan

Back to top Go down

Post by Alecis Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:24 pm

"No, no, what I mean is, it'll be easier to get back if you remember things, but if you don't it's okay! Just focus on feeling better Rowan, the memories will come back with time.

"When I found you I had hoped that you might know the way back, you're so smart and I trust you. But things have changed now. Don't worry, we'll still get home, it just might take a little more time now that you don't remember anything."

Alecis sighed. She didn't want him to be scared of never going home, of never remembering.

"We'll get home one way or another. It's not like Amelia has been wiped away."
Alecis
Alecis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:26 pm

"We don't even know where to start," Rowan muttered. He wasn't sure where all this pessimism was coming from, but it was too intense to overcome. "I don't even know how we got here. How could we possibly get back?"
Rowan
Rowan

Back to top Go down

Post by Alecis Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:30 pm

"Well, we got here, didn't we?" Alecis smiled, optimism was needed now, when Rowan was feeling so down, "If there's a way here, there has to be a way home.

"Plus, it's not like we're the only ones who could have come, right? Think about it, what are the chances that we're the only two clio in all of Amelia that ended up here? Someone has to have an idea of a way to get home. We just need to look a little.

"Don't give up Rowan, everything is going to be okay."
Alecis
Alecis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:36 pm

'That's easy for you to say,' Rowan almost said, but held back at the last second. Just because his morale was so low didn't mean he had to drag Leci down with him. And who knew, maybe she knew what she was talking about and it was possible for them to find Amelia.

"Well...I guess you're right..." he conceded finally, trying not to sound too doubtful.
Rowan
Rowan

Back to top Go down

Post by Alecis Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:43 pm

Awr. Alecis wished she could give her own memory to Rowan. Even the bits about Charlie, it sucked seeing him so down and it was making Alecis feel terrible.

"I wish I could make you feel better," she whispered, not really to him but more to herself. He was better off with Charlie anyways, at least she could make him happy.

"Do you think you'll feel better in the morning? Maybe we can do some things that might help your memory?" Alecis sounded hopeful, but underneath she still felt bad.
Alecis
Alecis

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:50 pm

"Yeah...yeah, maybe I'll feel better in the morning," Rowan agreed untruthfully, offering Leci a weak smile. He felt bad for making her feel bad. She had said it herself, he wasn't the only one who was lost; Leci needed some support too. "And then we'll figure this out."

He should be grateful that Leci was even here to help him. Without her he'd still be stuck in that hospital room without a clue about anything.

"Thank you," he whispered to her.
Rowan
Rowan

Back to top Go down

Post by Alecis Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:57 pm

Alecis smiled at him. She really couldn't blame him for feeling lost, for one thing, they totally were, and for another, even the things he should remember, he didn't.

"Any time Rowan," Alecis replied, "I'm always here for you, don't forget that. If you need anything, I'm right here."

Alecis took his hand, applied a little pressure and then let go. It was time for some sleep.

"Goodnight, Rowan." She smiled again before turning to turn out the lamp next to her side of the bed(which Cady had shown her how to do before leaving xD).
Alecis
Alecis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum