The Rift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In cages??

2 posters

Go down

In cages?? Empty In cages??

Post by Alecis Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:08 pm

All around Alecis's eyes colors swarmed. She felt cold, she felt hot, she felt she was being compacted tight, and then stretched wide. Nothing made sense as she swirled into nothingness, screaming for all she was worth and holding tight to the only thing she knew.

Rheis on the other hand, his eyes pushed into Leci's chest, had time to think. One second ago the two had been standing at the ruins, watching the stars when suddenly...

When suddenly what? What exactly had happened to the two as they stood there? Ah, now he remembered a noise. Almost like a supernatural ripping of some sort. And then? Of course--the two had turned to look. That was only natural curiosity. Turning to look at the source of the noise, and then... nothing.

Alecis had stopped screaming. Her head was hurting and she felt dizzy. Hugging Rheis even closer the clio tried to force her mind into the fox's. 'Rheis? Rheis, what's happening?!'

'I, I think we're in the rift, Lec.'

'The rift?'

But before Rheis got a chance to explain himself the two smacked into something solid. The ground. Finally.

Opening their eyes, the clio and dæmon pair looked around. So many clio were walking around everywhere! And... where were their dæmons?

Alecis spun her head around searching. "Oh," she breathed a sigh of relief as she noticed that their dæmons were there. Just... in cages?
Alecis
Alecis

Back to top Go down

In cages?? Empty Re: In cages??

Post by Alyria Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:11 pm

Alyria was sitting on a stone wall, sketching a drawing of a herd of elephants. In the enclosure there were three grown and two babies, the babies looked as if they were playing tag, running between the adults and spitting water at each other with their trunks.

Smiling, Aly pushed a strand of hair out of her eyes and behind her ears. Her hair always bugged her when she was drawing and because she drew an awful lot she liked to keep her hair cropped short and spikey. After moving in with her Aunt's family though, Aly had been forced to let it grow out. It was more "lady-like" her new family told her.

Pfft, when had Aly ever been lady like? She and her parents were artists, always on the move and very messy. They had lived in many places over the years Alyria had been alive, New York, Paris, you name it, studying art and it's different forms. Unfortunately when her parents had died in February and she had been sent back to Ohio to live with her new gaurdians Aly had lost a lot of freedom. It seemed the only way to get away from people(her family mostly) was to go to the zoo and sketch.

Besides being able to be around animals she also got a chance to get out her old art supplies(paint and things were not allowed in the house--too messy!) and work.

Just as she was adding a bit of blue to her creation she heard a thump behind her. Turning around Alyria noticed a girl about her age holding a fox and sitting in the middle of the path below Aly's perch.

Weird.
Alyria
Alyria
Admin

http://theameliaforum.foruamkers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alecis Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:03 pm

Alecis cocked her head as she watched the busy clio walk all around her. Some looked as if they were going somewhere, these clio were dressed in gray and many carried a special sort of box that a voice came from, other clio were up against the cages containing dæmons oohing and aahing.

Something was up here and she was going to find out what it was. 'Hey Leci,' Rheis said to her slowly, 'Maybe that isn't the greatest idea. I think we should just find somewhere--' he stopped short as someone ran into Alecis.

"I'm sorry!" the young girl cried as she tripped on Leci. She got up quickly and kept walking, her arms linked around an older woman who scolded her as they walked away.

'--out of the way,' Rheis finished.

'No, I think we should figure out what is going on here. I'm an Overloridian, it's not like they'll tell me no.' Alecis said as she got up off the ground.

'Why do you never listen to me?' Rheis rolled his eyes as his clio pushed him off her.

'Because I'm the one with the brain,' Alecis said, brushing off her plaid pants and rearranging her jacket. She took off her mittens and stowed then in her shoulder bag, wherever they were now, it wasn't as cold as it had been at the ruins.

Alecis started walking towards a wall made of logs figuring she would climb on top and look around. Maybe she could see something that would tell her where she was.

'
Alecis
Alecis

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyria Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:09 pm

Alyria watched as the girl and the fox sat on the path for a few more minutes. People grumbled as they walked around them, but the girl didn't seem to notice or mind. She was looking all around and frequently stopped to look at the fox on her lap.

Suddenly a small girl tripped over the one sitting down. The girl didn't speak even when the littler one apologized, but instead watched as she walked off with her mother. Again the girl looked at the fox and then stood up, dropping it to the ground. She stood up, dusted off her clothes, pulled down the hood on the heavy jacket she was wearing revealing red hair that matched the fox's, and took off in the direction of the bear exhibit.

Something was weird about this girl, Aly thought to herself as she watched the girl walk away, fox trotting close behind her.

She would find out what was going on here if it was the last thing she did. Curiosity killed the cat, but not knowing something would have killed Alyria. So she stood on the wall, packed her art supplies in her knapsack and followed.
Alyria
Alyria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alecis Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:17 pm

Alecis made it to the wall only to discover there was no way to get on top. For some reason her Eilemaiden wasn't working. She had tried humming, singing, willing herself upwards, running and leaping, and just jumping, but for some reason her feet couldn't leave the ground for more than just a few seconds.

Rheis laughed at her feeble attempts, trying to act okay with everything, but on the inside he was shaking. He had absolutely no idea where he and his clio were for one thing, and for another, even though Alecis was stupid enough to believe that these clio had dæmons, he knew those things behind the fences and in the cages were just animals, not dæmons at all. But he still had a glimmer of hope so even though he knew deep down that this was a bad idea, he let it go. Maybe Alecis was right after all.

Finally Alecis found she could climb on top of a trash can and just barely reach the top of the wooden wall. She grabbed Rheis, threw him to the top and then climbed up herself.

It took a few seconds to gain her balance but the Leci stood up, facing the way she had come. Her heart sank as she realized the only thing she could see now was just more of what she had already seen- cages of dæmons.

She turned, maybe there would be something she recognized this way! Unfortunately all that was on this side was a big fenced in area of bear-dæmons. HEY! Maybe they could tell her where she was!

Without a second thought Alecis lept down into the enclosure of bears.
Alecis
Alecis

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyria Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:31 pm

Eyes wide, Aly watched as the girl jumped down into the bear enclosure. Was she suicidal? Crazy?

Heart beating fast, Alyria ran to the other side of the fence, to the glass part of the wall. Tons of people were gathering, all watching the girl as she and the fox walked up to the group of bears near the water pool. It looked like she was trying to talk to them as she got nearer.

Oh God, this girl was crazy! Aly felt liable for whatever happened to this girl. She had just let her jump in there! She rolled her eyes at her conscience and raced back to the place where the girl had climbed over.

Following the lead of crazy-bear-girl, Alyria jumped onto the wall and over it in one movement.

Being in the enclosure was creepier than she had thought it would be, she could see all the people staring at her through the glass. But she couldn't think about that now, the girl was getting closer to the bears! And crap, the bears heard her. They were turning towards the girl.

Aly started to run towards the girl and the bears, "NO! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING??"
Alyria
Alyria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alecis Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:47 pm

Just as the dæmons were responding to Alecis's questions of "Where are we?" and "Why are you in cages?" a shouting voice was heard behind them. Leci's head turned to look for the source of the noise when she heard Rheis scream.

Again her head whirled around, this time looking for something that could make Rheis yell as he did. The bear-dæmon Alecis had been talking to just moments before was now growling at her own dæmon.

Woah, woah. Rheis hadn't done a thing to that bear! So disrespectful! And to an Overloridian! This dæmons clio was going to--

That thought got cut off as the dæmon took his massive paw and smacked Rheis across the face.

Hazily Alecis saw as Rheis fell to the ground, blood spattering along the ground, but then she, too, fell, darkness covered her eyes.
Alecis
Alecis

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyria Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:18 am

Alyria screamed as the girl stumbled and then fell to the ground as if someone had smacked her. It was all so strange! No one had touched her!

Still racing towards her Alyria looked for something she could hit a bear with. A log? A stone? Something in this enclosure would have to work. There, next to the girl was a perfect item, a large stick. Swooping down Aly grabbed the stick and screamed at the bear who was looking at the also fallen fox like lunch.

Alyria loved animals so she wasn't going to let that bear eat that innocent thing! Charging towards the bear, waving her stick, and screaming angrily to try to scare the bear Alyria ran over to the fox.

The bears retreated, just as Aly had hoped, so quickly she bent down to pick up the hurt animal. Just as she was about to grab it three zoo keepers ran into the exhibit.

"Are you okay? Are you okay? How is that girl?"

"Omigod, what happened? Crap, call the hospital!"

"Come here, let me see you!"

How was that girl? Alyria wondered. She turned to see the girl waking from whatever it was that had happened to her. Muddy, the girl lifted her head up. "Rice?" the girl called quietly, searching around for something.

Her eyes locked on Aly and then went down to her feet. Alarm spread in the eyes of the girl. Ah, Rice must be the fox, Alyria reasoned.

The girl crawled over to her fox, not minding the mud or leaves she went through and quickly placed the fox in her bag. "Help me," the girl looked up with watering eyes to Aly who returned her gaze with a smile. "Of course I'll help you, that's why I'm here." She looked back to the zoo keepers who were letting the bears inside and calling the hospital.

"They're going to make you go to the hospital, but I think you're going to be alright. Is that your pet fox? They can take him to the vet."
Alyria
Alyria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alecis Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:36 am

Pet fox? People actually had pet foxes? Huh.

"No, Rheis is my dæmon," Alecis explained as she stood up. She realized that was a mistake quickly when her head started pounding. Oh how dizzy she was! Rheis must have taken quite a hit from that other dæmon.

"Hospital huh? Where is that? I hope it's close, for some reason I can't seem to fly any more. What Eilemaiden are you? And hey, where is your dæmon? Was it one of those bears? And do you by chance know where the heck we are?" Alecis was full of questions.
Alecis
Alecis

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyria Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 am

"Dæmon?" Alyria wondered aloud to the girl. "I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. But we're at the zoo, more precisely in the bear exhibit. You climbed over the fence, don't you remember?"

Maybe the girl had hit her head when she fell, Aly reasoned. "Anyways, I'm Aly," taking the girls hand she explained, "but I think we better hurry out of here, maybe they wont press charges if we get out. The hospital isn't that far away, I'll drive you."
Alyria
Alyria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alecis Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:44 am

"The zoo? What's a zoo?" Alecis asked her new friend. As the girl named Aly took her hand she and Alecis turned back towards the wooden wall Alecis had climbed over on her way to the bear-dæmons.

"And don't be silly, really, where is your dæmon? Is it a mouse or something? I don't see it. But you're right, we should get to the hospital, Rheis should be looked at pretty quick. I feel like half my brain is missing when he's asleep. How're we going to get over that wall anyway? There isn't a way over on this side."
Alecis
Alecis

Back to top Go down

Post by Alyria Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:47 am

That was a good question. Aly turned her head around, looking for another way out. They could just go through the door, probably. There must be a way out from the inside.

Turning this strange girl around and walking to the building, Alyria wondered if maybe she was suffering a little more head trauma then she had originally thought.

"Come on, we need to hurry." Aly rushed the girl forward and finally out of the zoo.
Alyria
Alyria
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum